The Company: CelluComp is a dynamic material science company based in Scotland that is at the forefront of developing high-tech products from sustainable sources. At CelluComp we believe there are better and more sustainable options for industrial materials compared to some of the chemically-based or petroleum-based materials that are used today.
The Positions: CelluComp has a number of rolls to fill and each one requires enthusiastic candidates to join our small and friendly team as Research Scientists. The successful candidates would be required to assist in the development, scale up and production of Curran® materials and formulation of Curran® for industrial applications. The posts will initially be for an 18-month contract with a prospect of permanent contracts on completion.
Key Responsibilities of the roles will include:-
- Aiding optimisation of processes.
- Development and upscaling of processes.
- Production of material for customer trials
- Conducting experiments to help make necessary modifications to products.
- Help with the design and verification of quality control measures.
- Testing Curran®, Reef & Nest (products) in industrial formulations including coatings, food, and paper and packaging.
- General Research & Development experiments.
- Liaising with different departments
- Carrying out experiments and trials for customer projects.
- Working and experimenting with enzymes
The Candidates: The successful candidates will have the ability to work pro-actively as an individual and within a small team. You will have strong communication skills and an ability to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks. Prospective candidates must hold an appropriate degree in Sciences, preferably in material science, biochemistry, Chemistry or any polymer science related degree. We do a lot of research in multiple industries so experience or degrees in any of the following will also be considered as advantageous:
- Paints, Coatings & Inks
- Paper & Pulping
- Anti-microbial agents
- Valorisation of production waste streams
- Process optimisation
- Nano Cellulose
- Enzymatic processes
Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the role: –
- It is imperative that the successful candidate is able to write reports based on experiments they have carried out, and be able to present the results in an appropriate manner.
- A good knowledge in using lab equipment such as microscopes and viscometers would be advantageous, but training will be provided.
- Work experience is not essential as full training and guidance will be provided
- Skills in using Word, Excel and Outlook to a basic level are necessary
Cellucomp is a small but growing business, as the business expands our hope is reward the loyalty of employees with excellent opportunities within the company. Salary will be in the range £26-32K.
To apply, please send your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on Linkedin.